PMTO Informed Training
Interested in attending a PMTO Informed 2-day training?
This course is designed to provide tools for giving good directions, encouragement, as well as work in emotional regulation. The workshop aims to provide skills for specialists working with children and their families. The presenters will follow the research of Dr. Gerald Patterson and Dr. Marion Forgatch whose work with parents had improved children’s behavior.
This workshop will also outline the research behind the Parent Management Training–Oregon Model. This is not PMTO certification training. This is a continuing education workshop targeted toward LMSWs, LBSWs, and staff who work with parents and children (school, early childhood education, courts, etc.).
At the end of the workshop, participants will:
- Have a brief understanding of the Parent Management Training—Oregon Model (PMTO).
- Understand Directions and Encouragement from the Parent Management Training–Oregon Model perspective.
- Be able to teach good directions and role play with parents.
- Be able to acknowledge skills to work on emotional regulation.
- Be prepared to get started with step- by-step procedures.
- Understand how to work with parents on improving communication with children.
- Have an understanding of how to break down behaviors in order to reach goals.
There is no fee for this CEU activity but advance registration is required.
Please let us know if you are in need of any special accommodations such as mobility assistance, interpreters, etc. at the time of registration. We will make every attempt to honor your request.
Continuing Education Information
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services has been approved as a provider for social worker continuing education by the Michigan Social Worker continuing education by the National Association of Social Workers (NASW).
Social workers participating in this course will receive 11 continuing education hours.
To receive a certificate for social work continuing education credits, participants must:
- Attend and participate in the entire course. Credit not issued for partial attendance.
- Sign in and out both days.
- Complete an evaluation within 24 hours of course completion.
Certificates will be emailed to participants who meet the above requirements within 30 days following the training.