PMTO Informed Training
Interested in attending a PMTO Informed 2-day training?
This course is designed to provide tools for giving good directions, encouragement, as well as work in emotional regulation. The workshop aims to provide skills for clinicians working with children and their families. The presenters will follow the research of Dr. Gerald Patterson and Dr. Marion Forgatch whose work with parents had improved children’s behavior.
This workshop will also outline the research behind the Parent Management Training–Oregon Model. This is not PMTO certification training. This is a continuing education workshop targeted toward LMSWs, LBSWs, and staff who work with parents and children (school, early childhood education, courts, etc.).
At the end of the workshop, participants will:
- Have a brief understanding of the Parent Management Training—Oregon Model (PMTO).
- Understand Directions and Encouragement from the Parent Management Training–Oregon Model perspective.
- Be able to teach good directions and role play with parents.
- Be able to acknowledge skills to work on emotional regulation.
- Be prepared to get started with step- by-step procedures.
- Understand how to work with parents on improving communication with children.
- Have an understanding of how to break down behaviors in order to reach goals.
There is no fee for this 11-hour CEU activity but advance registration is required.
Please let us know if you are in need of any special accommodations such as mobility assistance, interpreters, etc. at the time of registration. We will make every attempt to honor your request.
Cancellations will be taken up to 24 hours prior to the event.
Participants arriving after 9:15am will not receive continuing education credits. Participants leaving before the end of the workshop day will not receive continuing education credits.
Attendance will be monitored by sign in/ sign out procedure.
Please bring your social worker license number.
Continuing Education Information
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services has been approved as a provider for social worker continuing education by the Michigan Social Worker continuing education by the National Association of Social Workers (NASW).
Social workers participating in this course will receive 11 continuing education hours.
To receive a certificate of 11 social work continuing education credits, participants must:
- Attend the entire course.
- Sign in and out both days.
- Complete a course evaluation.
Certificates will be emailed to participants who meet the above participant requirements within 30 days following the training.